These are quick and easy to make and can be turned into Diabetic friendly cookies by replacing the brown and granulated sugar with 3/4 cup of Splenda brown sugar.
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla flavoring
1 cup All-purpose flour
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in a bowl and cream it with sugars. Then add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the batter in the bowl and stir until moistened.
- Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets by rounded teaspoonfuls, leaving 2 inches between each mound of dough.
- Bake on centre rack in oven for 8 to 10 minutes and let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing them onto a cooling rack.
Note: You can add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to make them even yummier. I want to try butterscotch chips one day!