Lime in da Coconut Sorbet

This was the second recipe I made when I received my ice cream maker.  My parents' friends came over out of the blue and I started making this.  I asked everyone if they wanted some, and they all said "only a little bit."  The whole recipe was almost finished by the time they left.  I brought the rest of the recipe to work and gave it to 4 of the ladies that were in that day.  They loved it too.

My parents still say that this is their favorite recipe, but not in my opinion.  They like it because it is tart and not too rich. 

Here is the recipe for the second batch I made:

2 ½ cups thick coconut milk
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup of fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
  1. Place coconut milk and sugar in saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring and boil for one minute.
  2. Remove from heat and cool for 1 hour.
  3. Add lime juice and zest then chill for 8 hours.
  4. Pour into ice cream maker and let it mix for 20 minutes. Store in air tight container until hard.




    Here is the mixture after everything has been
    added together. It sat in the fridge overnight
     until it was fully cooled.  I then mixed it before
    I poured it into the ice cream machine.
    Ready to be put to work.

    8 minutes into mixing.

    13 minutes into mixing. Almost done!

    In airtight container after an hour in the freezer.
    Mixed to thicken quicker.





No comments: