Cinnamon Bun Loaf

So tonight is girls night with Jersey Shore of course.  I decided we needed a treat for tonight.  One of my friends came over early as I told her about this treat I was going to try and create.


I made some basic dough, rolled it out about 1/4 inch thick in a rectangle shape and spread butter all over.  I then mixed cinnamon and brown sugar together and spread that on top of the butter (I would have chopped up raisins and sprinkled them as well, but we didn't have any in the house).  After the cinnamon sugar was spread evenly, I cut the dough in sixths length wise and then quarters width wise.  I piled the 24 rectangle shaped on top of each other and placed them in a greased loaf pan.  They went in a 425 degree over for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Once the started to get golden brown on the edges, I took the pan out and let it cool on over racks.  I then made a cream cheese drizzle that was thick enough to stick to the top of the loaf but thin enough to drizzle.  I made it with about 1 tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp of cream cheese (I only had light), 1/4 cup of icing sugar, and 1 or 2 tsp of half and half to achieve the desired consistency.  
Here is the finished product.  My family and I tasted it and my dad said it was marvelous.  Usually he tells me that my cookies are too soft or my brownies should have walnuts in it etc.

I will definitely be making this again!

No comments: