2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
4 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl.
3. Cream butter and gradually add sugar.
4. Mix in one egg at a time to the butter and sugar, then add vanilla extract.
5. Stir in melted chocolate and blend well.
6. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7. Pour into greased and floured cake/cupcake pans, or lines cupcake pans.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes for cake pans, 15 to 20 minutes for regular cupcake pans, and 8 to 12 minutes for miniature cupcake pans.
9. Test with toothpick in the middle of the cake to make sure it doesn't stick to the toothpick.
10. Cool completely before icing.