The twist is orange zest and whiskey. Yummy!
You will need:
2 tbsp unsalted butter
4 large apples
½ tsp cloves
3 tbsp brown sugar
Zest of 1 orange
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 ½ tsp whiskey
¼ cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2. Use an apple corer to remove the cores from your apples.
3. With a knife, score around the middle of each apple. This prevents the apple from bursting during the cooking process.
4. Lightly butter the bottom of a baking dish and place the apples in it.
5. Cream the butter in a small bowl with brown sugar.
6. Add in spices and orange zest and mix well.
7. Add in the whiskey and raisins, then stuff it into the apple core.
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.